Monday 11 November 2013

Production Diary #7

Today we began the layout for our magazines on adobe indesign. I have almost finished the layout for my contents page, the only matters left to do is applying the numbers, to direct the consumer to where they need to go in the magazine and I need to finish applying the subheadings. However, the layout is completely finished, thus once I have my images from my photo shoot and the actual text - I am finished with this page. I chose to put the words 'contents' in the middle of the double page spread in big, basic and bold text. I did this because I knew my target audience is of a large mass - it needs to be easy to read and to navigate. Although, the font may be simple I think that it contains a unique aspect of which looks of high quality. To emphasise the text I have put a line underneath the title. Moreover, the text that is on the page at the moment is placeholder text that flows into each coloumn,this makes it easy for me as once I have my final text I can copy and paste it immediately and the layout would not change. Also, I have put black rectangles and a circle to where my images will be placed, the images have a text wrap.
Furthermore, my draft for my double page spread is complete. I have placed a big black rectangle where my image would be, this will take up a full page of my double page spread. On the right page is where the article will be. The title is 'CANDYFLOSS QUEEN' with two hearts around it which I think highlights the artist's genre, electra pop. It looks young and fun. The noun 'QUEEN' would emphasise the power and success the artist has over society and it would demand attention from the consumers as it gives a sense of royalty. I have decided the first few lines of the article to be vertical, and then continue in three different columns. I did this because I wanted it to look interesting rather than a plain block of text.
I still need to make a draft for my front cover, another double page spread and to make slight adjustments to my contents page and double page spread. Hopefully, this would be finished in the new few lessons and I would have my photographs by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment