Thursday 16 April 2015

Evaluation Question 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

My skills became advanced on Adobe inDesign, due to the frequent adaptations I was contributing to my real product - my magazine. As for the first time I went on the software for my preliminary task, I was completely clueless and unaware of what to do. Gradually, I learnt how to use tools like line spacing, paragraph rule, drop cap, spacing and kerning which I used on the text.

I used drop shadow the most to enhance text and images from the background of the page and to differentiate that particular aspect from other matters that are less important such as the subheading or the page number. An example for what I used the effect of drop shadow on is the masthead,'Dynamic' for my final product and 'Haydon News' for the preliminary task, to greatly emphasize it from the rest of the page and to make it the first thing the reader would see on the front page that would reveal the identification of the magazine.

For both the preliminary task and final product, I achieved a consistent colour scheme throughout the pages. The colour scheme I applied for the preliminary task was dark blue, yellow and black - the origins of the colours came from the school's logo as I thought it was relevant and went with the theme. The colour scheme applied for the final product was black, dark purple, dark blue and white which provided a professional, neat quality rather than it looking messy. The colours complimented each other. I chose these particular colours as I thought it appealed to both genders, which would attract a wider audience. The colours weren't biased to a particular gender, the blue and purple were dark almost black - black is a classic colour that appeals to everyone.

For the preliminary task, the images were not of high quality as I used my phone to take the pictures. I realised this made a huge impact to my magazine as it ended up looking unprofessional. Consequently, I made sure my final product had a range of high quality images. For this, I has indoor and outdoor photoshoots with the canon camera, I utilized appropriate equipment such as the white screen and lights for the indoor shoot. This made a big difference for my images to look professional.




No comments:

Post a Comment