Saturday 11 April 2015

Evaluation Question 3 – What kind of institution might distribute your media product and why?

The institution company that would preferably distribute my magazine will be IPC media. The reason why I have chosen this hugely famed company over other companies such as Bauer Media Group which is also successful, is based on the fact that it already distributes a number of music magazines such as Q and Kerrang, thus they are less likely to provide the attention my magazine deserves and I would not like my magazine to be constantly compared to the other music magazines they have distributed.

Moreover, the success rate for IPC media is high; it is one of the four most popular distribution companies as well as being the UK's leading consumer magazine publisher. Therefore, I think that it is appropriate for my magazine in terms of determining the magazine's success. Additionally, another added benefit would be the company's reputation; the audience would be attracted to the magazine for the company's well known status which would make my magazine look established as it is associated with the celebrated company.

Also, the company already distributes the famed magazine 'NME', highlighting the matter that they can produce a magazine well. I think that it is important for the company to manage a successful magazine already as it builds on the company's reputation and enhances their experience and stability of accomplishments onto your magazine. They distribute a range of more successful magazines from Marie Clare and InStyle that covers the fashion and beauty category. As a result, I have no second thoughts on the company that I have decided on.


Moreover, IPC media would be able to promote my magazine through the utilization of print, online and mobile. I know this because NME can be held as an example for the company’s promotional skills which was a huge triumph. NME also has a radio station and their own award ceremony which I hope to achieve for my magazine too in the near future. This emphasizes the fact that my magazine will contribute similar opportunities for it to gain the recognition it deserves from people across the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment