Monday 23 September 2013

Production Diary #2

A few days ago, I had finally completed my preliminary task. It was easy to do, but I constantly made re-adjustments to my front cover and contents page until I was ultimately satisfied with it. These adjustments included - changing the font colour, repositioning the layout and so on.

In the end, I named my magazine 'Haydon Heat' as I thought the alliteration was effective. I entailed three features 'Haydon In The Rubble', 'Canteen Makeover' and 'Litter Crisis'. I contributed images that related with the features. All of this was done on a programme called Adobe Indesign.

After that, I collected contents pages, double page spreads and front covers from music magazines, as we are now moving onto making our own music magazine. I analysed the contents pages from billboard magazine and Q, the double page spreads from smash hits and front covers from Billboard and Q magazine. This allowed me to have an insight on how to prepare my music magazine and what techniques I could use to make my magazine effective.

I have decided to make my music magazine multi-genre like Rolling Stone, Billboard, NME and  Q. I thought this was a good opportunity as there aren't that many multi-genre magazines. My magazine would be called 'Dynamic' - it relates to music, hence it's musical definition is how high or low the sound is. Also, I thought the name was neutral as it's not aiming to a particular audience - it would appeal to the majority of everyone just like I want my overall magazine to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment